Allegiant Managed Care’s Catastrophic Case Management Professionals
Allegiant Managed Care case managers have experience in managing catastrophic losses such as closed head injuries, severe burns, spinal cord injuries and other significant traumas. Our case managers maintain professional certifications critical to our industry.
Catastrophic case management begins within the critical/intensive care settings. Our case managers have developed rapport with critical care nurses in regional trauma settings to facilitate our communication with the patient and family. By attending team and patient conferences, our catastrophic case managers identify problems which require rehabilitation goals to be modified or expanded. Our case managers provide continuous coordination of medical attention for optimal outcomes, while referencing evidence based guidelines as benchmarks for treatment and anticipated disability.
Our catastrophic case managers possess the expertise to advocate, negotiate, and communicate professionally and appropriately.
Benefits of Catastrophic Case Management:
- Response to the trauma unit the same day as referral.
- Nurses report to the referral sources with recommendations immediately following the assessment.
- Nurses intercede with medical providers to assist in determining the appropriate course of treatment.
- Our nurses e-mail status updates to the referral sources the same day as each visit.
- Our nurses provide formal reporting every two weeks or as often as requested by the referral source.
- Our CAT files remain with the same nurse throughout the life of the file for continuity of care .
- Medical Director is available to consult and intercede with our nurses and the medical providers on CAT cases to assess the progress and assist in determining the course of treatment as needed.
- Our nurses assess the appropriate clinical pathways for recovery and document predicted future medical exposure in every formal report.