Life Care Planning
Allegiant Managed Care Management offers life care planning services utilizing our CLCP (certified life case planning) nurse case managers. Our CLCP staff will review all records and complete a custom report for your case. They also critique and provide a second opinion regarding an existing life care plan. Life care planning is an effective tool for a variety of situations, including but not limited to:
- Catastrophic injury such as brain or spinal cord injury
- Amputations or specific loss cases
- Catastrophic pediatric cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Personal injury cases
- Product liability cases
- Total or partial disability settlements
- Reserve setting for high cost claims
- Structured settlements
- Evaluation of opposing party’s life care plan or settlement proposal
Life Care Plans Report Includes:
Formats can vary, but generally include a narrative summary of the individual’s medical and vocational history, current and future care needs, and physical function. This is accompanied by a graphic chart that projects current and future cost analysis for equipment and services that will be needed for the individual’s projected life span. These costs are projected based on current figures, and any inflationary costs or economic growth trends would require the expertise of an economist. We can provide sanitized examples of life care plans that have been done by Allegiant Managed Care’s case managers.
Life care planning can assist in providing assistance not only to the insurer in identifying potential costs to set reserves, but to the claimant and those involved in his/her care:
- Health care needs can be identified through patient assessment and consultation with treating physicians.
- Local suppliers and community resources can be identified to meet those needs most cost effectively.
- Health care facilities can be identified for best outcome management for specific patient populations.
- Specific programs can be identified for individuals with chronic conditions.
- Collateral funding sources such as schools or government organizations could be identified.