Allegiant Managed Care’s MSA Program Benefits
Allegiant Managed Care Management offers Medicare Set Asides utilizing Medicare Set Aside Consultant Certified professionals. We are able to provide a detailed review of the medical records necessary to develop an accurate and reliable future cost projection necessary for settlement of claims. Our MSA program expedites settlement agreements in a timely manner, reduces litigation costs, and customizes an MSA report geared towards each individual file.
Allegiant Managed Care’s MSA Program
- Completed by Medicare Set-Aside Certified Counselors (MSCC).
- Expedites settlement agreement
- Reduce litigation costs
- Customized comprehensive medical reports
- Detailed list of future medical treatments and cost projections
- Excellent turnaround time!
What is needed for Allegiant Managed Care to complete an MSA?
Once we have received the following information, we can start the file review:
- First notice of injury/loss
- Last two to three years of medical records from all providers
- Last two years of medical payouts for: treatment, transportation, medication, durable medical treatment, attendant care, and facility care
- Last two years Pharmacy summary records (where claimant purchases his/her scripts)
- Any documents stating the claimant has reached Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)
- Previously completed Life Care Plan/Cost Projections (if available)
- Medicare entitlement dates
- Signed medical release, as provided by Allegiant Managed Care
- If a rated age is requested
How is the Medicare Set Aside (MSA) amount determined?
The MSA amount is formulated by the following:
- Date and nature of injury
- Type and extent of injury/illness
- Rated age of injured party and life expectancy
- Review of medical payment history
- Review of medical records
- Physician recommendations
- Extent of disability
- WC fee schedule or usual and customary fees
- Future medical needs for treatment of injured party through life expectancy