Catastrophic Case Management
Allegiant Managed Care offers Catastrophic Case Management (CAT) utilizing nationally certified nurse case managers (CCM) who have had significant clinical experience with brain injuries, burns, spinal cord injuries, quadriplegia/paraplegia, closed head injuries, and multiple trauma cases.
Allegiant CAT Nurses
- Respond to the trauma unit the SAME DAY as referral.
- Assess the severity of the injury the SAME DAY as the referral.
- Report to the referral sources with recommendations immediately following the assessment.
- Intercede with medical providers to assist in determining the appropriate course of treatment.
- E-mail status updates to the referral sources the SAME DAY as each visit.
- Provide formal reporting every two weeks or as often as requested by the referral source.
- Manage assigned CAT files throughout the life of the file for continuity of care.