Earning Power Assessment/Labor Market Survey
Our purpose is to identify open positions in a specific area (labor market) that are both vocationally and physically appropriate for the individual being assessed.
- An in person or virtual initial evaluation is completed and based upon those findings, a transferrable skills analysis is completed.
- Based upon physical capabilities, transferrable skills and average weekly wage or TTD, positions in the labor market are identified.
- A labor market survey is conducted in a proximal geographic area to the individual and is intended to determine open and available employment that fall within the physical capabilities and the transferrable skills set of the individual.
- The case manager considers the nature of employment, prerequisites for employment, physical demands of the available position, work schedule, wages, and benefits when applicable.
- This may be completed as part of an earning power evaluation, which is an assessment of an injured party’s residual earning capacity post injury.